Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I almost forgot...

Our Team in Training run was scheduled for Sunday so before we left for Memphis I was going to run 10 miles with the group. Well, I woke up Sunday morning to rain rain rain. With the encouragement of Courtney, I reluctantly met the group out on Highland Colony. It was a heavy sprinkle at first so I decided I would hang with Court and Candy, so we would be in a group. First, Courtney brings her umbrella.. it was truly the funniest thing I have ever seen. She decides to put her umbrella down at the 2 mile water stop. MISTAKE! 2 miles later, the bottom fell out..POURING RAIN..so we are four miles away from our cars and then it starts lightening and thundering. I'm just going to say this.. I was a little frightened. But never fear.. here comes the Colony Park police and Officer Murphy (I forgot his name - I thin that is it - so sweet) took us to our cars. Don't worry, Courtney checked for the rope and ax in the back seat (just in case). It was quite a morning. Maybe I should've listened to Kim when she called me and said, "It looks pretty bad, it's yellow and orange coming our way on the radar. I don't think I'm going out there this morning." She was right!! We'll listen next time, uh Court?? Although I must say, I had a pretty good time!! I just didn't get to run 10 miles.. Saturday we will try again!! This rain has got to stop!!

No comments: