Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 23, 2007

Fire damages Kate's house




Dorothy Singleton, my dear friend from work, her daughter Kate's house caught on fire Friday night. There was an awful thunderstorm that came through Bryam and the firemen think that the house may have been hit by lightning. According to them, the fire was electrical in origin, but probably, will never be able to tell exactly what caused it. The outside of the house looks fine. Some of the contents may be able to be cleaned, they just don't know yet. Kate and her daughter (who is 14 months) were on their way to Dorothy's house when the fire started. Thankfully nobody was home. Even their dog was already at Dorothy's. So they are so grateful it was just stuff that got damaged.. nobody was hurt!

3 comments:

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

Oh no! Please let me know what I can do to help. Tell them that I am thinking about them. We forget how quickly thinks can come and go!

Renee Guest said...

Oh Jenny - that is terrible. I'm so sorry. I will have them in my prayers. I'm glad everyone is OK!! Praise God that it was just 'stuff' that was damaged. All things that can be replaced!!

The Milan Family said...

Let me know if I can do anything. Seriously.