Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chicago here I come!!

So most of you know that I have trained for the Chicago marathon for the last few months. It has been an amazing journey. My friends and family helped me raise more than $5,700 - so much that I can run another one through Team in Training within the fiscal year.
But first, I have to get through Chicago. I leave Friday and come home Monday night. The marathon is Sunday and begins at 8 a.m.!! Can you believe it???

If you want to track my progress - you can go to this Web site and sign up. This will give you updates of my progress throughout the marathon - pretty cool, uh?
http://www.doitsports.com/results/MSG-signup.tcl?sub_event_id=2161

Thank-you GOD for giving me the ability and the strength to do this!

I really want to thank my brother, Trey Bourn, for helping me through the training process. He is really a great running coach and I encourage anybody who wants to do a marathon to speak with him. He is awesome.

And I know I couldn't have gotten through all those long runs without my sister-in-law, Kim Bourn! We encouraged each other throughout the whole process and it really helped to have somebody to run with even if we did listen to our Ipods a lot of the time!!

And Courtney - you are an inspiration. Let me just tell you how proud I am of Courtney. She is going to San Francisco on Oct. 20 to run that marathon. She has also trained with us and it really helped to see her smiling face when I was running. WAY TO GO COURT!!

Trey Woodruff - thank you for being such a supportive husband and for being so patient during this process.

Mom - thanks for running with me throughout the week. Your call at 5 a.m. to wake me up on the weekdays kept my training up during the week. Now it's your turn to run a marathon.

Okay, so here is the list of people I am running for. Their names will be written on a ribbon and pinned to my jersey Sunday. Let me know if you want me to put any more names on my jersey.

Frances Williamson
Joan Anderson
Letty Troiano
Melvin Wigley
Tricia Fhurmeister
Coach Stevens
James Payton
Kathy Reynolds
Charles Newell
George Blouin
Jake Craig
Marganie Dumas

I'm also pinning my dad's name, Fred Bourn, on my jersey. Although he died of liver cancer in 1993, I think it would be the right thing to do to have his name on my jersey. I think he would have really been proud of both of us, Trey!

So here goes nothing!! And thanks again to everybody who made this possible. I am so proud of all my friends and family for donating to such a great cause!

WISH ME LUCK and KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS SUNDAY!!

10 comments:

The Milan Family said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU JENNY!!!!

You are going to do great and I will be cheering you on!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration to me!

You are right, your brother ROCKS and so does your family!

LOVE YOU DAWG!!!!!

Lisa Trotter said...

You ALL are inspirations!!! I am amazed by your dedication to this and am so very proud of you!!! It takes a HUGE commitment to run a marathon and I sit in awe of your accomplishment!!! Congrats on all your hard work. And I will be thinking about you and praying for you this Sunday!!! Go get 'em!!

Renee Guest said...

oh my gosh... I'm crying!! Your dad would be SO proud. You are such an inspiration to me - I just cannot imagine how you even do it. I could drive to Oxford and back in the time that you will be running. I mean really - you are a machine!! I wish I could be there to cheer you on - I would cry the whole time!! Love you Jenny!!!! Good Luck! And don't forget your tennis shoes... he he!

Becca said...

Oh Jenny! You seem to have left out JJ and I. It's ok though....you are welcome.

I'm just messing with you of course....I love you and good luck and I won't stop thinking about you until we get a phone call after the race....

Woodruff family said...

Becca - I don't have to say your and JJ's name b/c its a given!! HAHA!!

The O'Donnells said...

good luck good luck good luck this weekend! i'll be looking for updates next week....go go go :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny! You are going to do great. I'm just proud that have you done this (and you too Courtney!).

Trey B.

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

I know your Dad will be with you every "step" of the way. What a great angel to have watching over you on a day where you are making so many opportunities available to so many people. Either thru research or inspiration you are touching so many lives. Bekah and Nate are SO lucky to have such a dedicated Mom. You are teaching them so much with just your actions in this process. You are a wonderful friend and I'm SO SO proud of you. Good luck!

The Owen Family said...

Good luck Jenny! I am so proud of you! I will be praying for you tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back. I can barely run around the JA track without gasping for air!!! Good luck! Love, Laura

Renee Guest said...

it is the night before and you are on my mind!! I will be tracking you tomorrow!! so proud! Go Jenny!!! love you!!!