Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oklahoma City





I went to Oklahoma City for a city visitation program the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership puts together every other year. The first day there - the city officials told us to visit the site of the Oklahoma City bombing at night. It really was something to see - I was amazed at how beautiful and serene the place was - I got chills as I saw all the things hanging on the gate that people place every day there to remember their relatives or friends who they lost in the bombing - they have to clean it off every so often - What really got me is when I saw a photo of the two brothers who died in the bombing - they were probably 3 and 4 and were in the daycare. I was overwhelmed with sadness for the mother - I just couldn't imagine. They also have a marathon there now to remember the victims and you can see their numbers hanging on the gate - it is really something. They have a chair for each victim - the smaller chairs mean the victim was a child.

No comments: