Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cotton States Triathlon !!


















So I did my first triathlon in 8 years yesterday in Louisiana. Trey and I woke up at 4 a.m. and took Nate with us to Lake Providence, LA. Bekah opted to stay with Kelci and have a girls night. Oh well. But we got there and lined up my bike and I put on my pretty swim cap and I was ready to go. I tried to post photos where you couldn't see what I looked like - spandex doesn't look pretty on anybody - but it's really the only thing you can do all three sports in.. So oh well. Trey took some good photos and I really appreciated him being so supportive. Eugene trained me well - I was able to do the swim in 10 minutes and the bike in about an hour and 11 minutes and the run in 31 minutes. So it wasn't too bad. The time on the clock was 3 minutes off for me b/c the females started later. My time was about 1:53 - not too bad! I don't know what I'm going to do next!! I guess I'll take a little break - Thanks Eugene for the training!! I forgot how much I loved triathlons!! :)

3 comments:

Kellye said...

YOU ARE THE WO-MAN!!!! Seriously! I am so proud and OMG! 1:53???? Are you even kidding! You are the bomb Jenny! Congrats! That's what you call WORKIN IT!!! And really....the spandex is NOT that bad looking! And really...you did a triathalon girl! Cut yourself some slack!

The Milan Family said...

SO PROUD OF YOU DAWG!!!! : )

Renee Guest said...

i just can't even begin to imagine how you do it! i'm so proud.

Congats again Jenny! you amaze me!