Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tornado!

I just want everyone to know that our house -thank GOD- did not have any damage with the tornado that came through yesterday. Trey and I have never witnessed anything like that. We were out to lunch and decided to run by the house to pick up a water filter. When we got on our street, we heard the sirens. It was scarey quiet outside. We went inside, turned on the TV and like a second later, the electricity went out. We let the dogs in and looked outside and decided it was time to head to the bathroom. We watched in terror - I'm not kidding -as we saw trees uprooted around us and limbs falling - everything was blowing around us. All I could do is pray and hold on to Trey - it is just so weird b/c Trey and I NEVER eat lunch together! This probably lasted 3 minutes - maybe 4 - but it seemed so much longer.. after it seemed calm - we went outside and saw that our neighbors had been really hit hard. We drove down to Mom and Earl's and their front French doors were blown wide open.. their backyard is a mess. I have video. I'll post it later. We are staying at Courtney and Stu's for now - thank you thank you! We have no electricity.. and I don't know when we will get it. I thought Katrina was bad for our little street - not even close. I'm just so grateful no one was killed! At least, that is what they are saying right now! Oh and our street was in the paper this morning as one of the hardest hit! Wow - I just thought yesterday was just your normal Friday! Was I wrong or what???????-

3 comments:

Lisa Trotter said...

So glad you posted!! I was worried about y'all living over there - had heard it was hit bad!! Thank God you guys are okay. I agree, it looks much worse than Katrina. I'm so glad you guys were together and that you are all safe! Keep us posted on your neighbors. And if you need anything, let us know!!

Renee Guest said...

Jenny - when Tal and I drove down your street on Friday afternoon to check on you - I couldn't believe my eyes! it seems like every 2nd or 3rd house had a tree on top of it. I am so thankful that you are OK. Let us know if you need help cleaning up. we love you!!!!!!

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

been thinking about ya'll. so glad everyone is ok and that you didn't have too much damage!! love you!