Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 28, 2008

GO TEAM











These photos were taken at 5 a.m. It was raining pretty hard outside so we were all a little concerned. Luckily it stopped by 7 a.m. These are my teammates from the Ms chapter! Go Team. I'm so proud of everybody!! I ran with Allison Agent the first 20 miles of the marathon. I know my time wouldn't have been near as good if I hadn't have tagged along with her! She was great. She is the one with the nike visor on. I also took a photo of her and her sister. She had a lot of family with her and they all wore these yellow shirts that her husband had made - See Ali Run.. 26.2! Isnt that the cutest? We saw them several times a long the way. That was fun. The marathon was very interesting.. Allison and I were together right before the race and we both thought it would be a good idea to go to the bathroom before the marathon started. So we stood in line at a port-a-poty for almost an hour.. not kidding - well, when it was 10 til 7 a.m. - and we still had about 20 people ahead of us - we were like we can't wait. We made our way over to corral 12 and we were both really had to go to the bathroom. As soon as we started running, we knew we were in trouble. We were passing all these restaurants and I said, "Let's just go to the bathroom in one of these fast food places." So 5 minutes in to the marathon, we ran into the bathroom of a fast food breakfast place - can't remember the name - did our business and ran on! Brilliant! We talked about what a good idea that was for at least 4 miles. Anyway, we ran together and had a pretty good run. It was at mile 20, I just couldn't keep up Allison's pace. I was pretty disappointed but my brother again helped me out. He was right there with me again. He encouraged me to just run at my own pace. I did and he met up with me about 25 1/2 and he ran with me. It was awesome - again it is just an amazing experience. I pinned all those names on my shirt again. They really are my inspiration. I had Renee's uncle's name pinned on the front of my shirt - Ray Armstrong. It was again an emotional experience. Every marathon I run is a different experience though - it's amazing how that happens. I do have to say that this time - I had no blisters!! I was so excited. I think it's because my brother and Wesley were like put body glide on your feet.. I did and it worked!! I'm really sore today but not too bad. I'm ready to run another one. Mom is going to experience the next one with me. We are headed to San Diego May 30. Sad news though - I'm not going to have my brother to cheer me on! What am I going to do???? I'm still very excited though!

3 comments:

The Milan Family said...

Anytime you write something about your brother helping you through a marathon I start crying! That is the sweetest story! I'm Trey's biggest fan!

Ok, so Becky is going to do the next one with you?!?!? OMG! I wish I could go just to cheer you both on! It will be fantastic.

Woodruff family said...

No no .. she is just going as my supporter.. she is not actually running the marathon.

Renee Guest said...

yay Jenny! I'm so proud of you!!! Thank you so much for wearing my Uncle Ray's name again! he has been sick lately and this means so much to us!
Congrats on your best time yet!!!!!