Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Run for Your Life












The Center of Excellence at UMMC hosted its annual 5K Run for Your Life and 1 mile fun run Saturday. Bekah told me last week she wanted to run a race so I thought this would be a fun one to do. So I asked Kelci and her friend Bailey to watch the kids while mom and I ran the 5K. Afterwards Bekah ran the 1 miler. I have to say that I was VERY proud of my baby girl. She was the youngest one out there and she ran her little heart out. I have video that I will post later. But she ran almost the whole way. She walked a little ways but she was so proud. She got a first place trophy for her age division (she was the only one in her division) She was SOOOOOOOO proud. She took it to school today to show it off. Mom also did well. She got first in her age division and I got second in my age division - obviously there weren't as many runners but we were all still proud anyway! It was a lot of fun. Nate really wanted a trophy when Bekah got hers so we were glad we won one so he could have one to play with! When she went up to get her trophy - all the people cheered so loud! It was a great time! Way to go Bekah!!







3 comments:

The Milan Family said...

I am so proud of Bekah!!!! I could almost cry! I cannot even talk about the stretching! SOOOOOOOO DARN CUTE, JENNY!!!! And way to go Jenny and Becky!!!! WOO HOO!

Renee Guest said...

yay Bekah. Yay Becky! yay jenny!

When Bekah told me about it, she told me that she ran and she was the champion. so precious!

Lisa Trotter said...

Like mother(s), like daughter(s)!!! Yeah for both of you....wish we were in town to run that race but we couldn't be there!! One day soon, our girls will run another race together....but we've graduated from the tot trot to the fun run!! Go Woodruff girls!