Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

The things kids say....

On the ride to school this morning - Bekah and I were talking and I asked her what were her favorite things. This is what she said, "Going to restaurants (could that be b/c we have taken her to every restaurant in town since she was 5 weeks old), dancing, dress up clothes, and my barbie computer." But she said her Barbie computer only knows her name if we are in the room.. Wonder why?? So we started spelling her name and I told her who she was named after. And then the questions started. "What is your full name, mommy?" I told her and why my name changed from Bourn to Woodruff when I got married. Then she asked me a question that I was so not expecting her to ask this soon. She asked, "How'd we get in your belly, mommy?" I paused a minute and said, "Well, your daddy and I loved each other so much that God gave us you and Nate - you were a gift from God." She replied, "Well, that is one Special Gift!" I almost had to pull over - I was laughing and I said, "YOU ARE SO RIGHT BEKAH! You and Nate were very special, special gifts from God!!" I thought this conversation was very much blog worthy!!

4 comments:

The Milan Family said...

That is the cutest picture of Bekah I have ever seen!!! She looks SO GROWN UP and so precious!!!!!

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

LOVE HER!!!!!!!!

Renee Guest said...

awwwhhh.. that is precious!

Lisa Trotter said...

Too funny. Yes, I got the "Where do babies come from" question this year....and was TOTALLY unprepared!! I think you did a great job in answering her - I fumbled through my answer!! She does look - and act- like such big girl!