Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Surviving the Sizzle














Friday night was Surviving the Sizzle, a race to benefit the Leukemia-Lymphoma Society. I ran 4 miles. My friends were also running and walking. Courtney walked her very first race. She walked 2 miles. Renee ran her first 4-mile race (totally think she should run a marathon - TEAM IN TRAINING - NEXT YEAR BABY!!) My brother ran 4 miles and Lisa Trotter ran 2 miles. Jennifer also ran 4 miles (new BFF - haha -j/k court). It was extremely hot and the humidity was awful, but we all made it! Great job COURTNEY, RENEE, LISA, JENNIFER and TREY!!! We had a great time!! Mom wimped out and decided it was too hot for her to run so she went and ate with Judy Wood at the restaurant where the race started. Of course she did have a root canal earlier in the week so we won't hold it against her (although I was a little upset - okay a lot). Trey W. was a trooper and took care of all the kids - that is why there are no actual race photos. Kim and Austin volunteered so I could never catch up with them long enough to take a photo! Courtney was very funny at the race by the way. Trey W. couldn't stop laughing at her when she was at the start line. He said she looked a little confused and moved to the back of the line.. when the race started she stepped aside to let all the real fast walkers ahead of her. Trey fell out! I wish I could have seen it!! HOW FUNNY!!! I LOVE IT!!







7 comments:

The Milan Family said...

Notice how I now I lean my head to the side. That is my new pose.

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

There are so many things that I love about Courtney right now.
Top 3:
3. New head pose
2. That she put herself at the back of the line
1. That she DID IT!!!!!
Great job to all of you!

Woodruff family said...

Courtney - you really need a blog.. really.

The Milan Family said...

I KNOW! Jenny, I promise if you will come over this weekend, i will start a blog. Thanks Stor for cheering me on!

Renee Guest said...

It was so much fun!!! Courtney cracks me up!

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

Milan blog ... I love it!!!!!! Jenny - make it happen!

The O'Donnells said...

that was rough!

your new bff :)