Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ms Blues Marathon


Saturday I will be running the Ms Blues Marathon! I am positive this will be a much better run than Chicago but you never know! I've continued training with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society and I am still compassionate about this organization. As a matter of fact, I am a mentor now and we will be recruiting more people to run for this cause very soon - actually this month. So I'll be posting the dates for you to come hear about the program and possibly join!! This Saturday I will again wear my purple jersey for the cause and I am again going to pin ribbons with the names of the people who have either died or suffer from these blood diseases. Remember we run with a mission - to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

Here is again the list of people I am running for:

Frances Williamson
Joan Anderson
Letty Troiano
Melvin Wigley
Tricia Fhurmeister
Coach Stevens
James Payton
Kathy Reynolds
Charles Newell
George Blouin
Jake Craig
Marganie Dumas
Fred Bourn

I am adding a new name to the list - Raymond Armstrong -

This is my sweet friend Renee's uncle. Her uncle Raymond had been having back pain for years and he went to get it checked out and he found out he has lymphoma. See you just never know - at any time this disease can come in and disrupt your life. When I run this weekend, I'll be thinking of him - seriously when I run and I feel like I can't run any more.. I think about the people who are having to go through chemo and radiation - what I'm doing is nothing compared to what they have to go through. Here is a photo of him, Renee, Mary Bratton and Renee's mom.

8 comments:

Lynn Boyd said...

Way to go Jenny!! You are such an inspiration!!

Renee Guest said...

I can't breathe!!! I can't tell you how much this means to my family. You are so precious for doing this for my family and for my Uncle Ray!! I will be there cheering you on! You may want to knock me out b/c I'm going to be crying and out of control everytime I see you. I'm going to be tracking you in my car and you are going to wish you could run in peace!! Go Jenny GO!!!!!!!!!!! I love you sweet friend!!!

The Owen Family said...

That is so great that you are doing that. I am so proud of you!!! So sweet to do that for Renee's uncle too! Renee, I am cracking up at your comment...I can picture it all now. ha! But on a more serious note, I will be praying for your uncle!!

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

good luck jenny!! i had decided to give up on running but you are starting to motivate me again!! we'll see..the cold just does not make me excited about running. anyway, i'll be out there with you in spirit! (o:

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

You are really just an amazing person. Your passion can be felt just by reading your blog. I'm lucky to know you! Renee - I'll be praying for your uncle too!

Lisa Trotter said...

Go Jenny!! I will be there also rooting you on! McLean is running the half-marathon so we will be there with pom-poms!! What a great cause you run for! Good Lu....um, break a leg!! Lisa

Renee Guest said...

so proud of you. posted pics from today on my blog! love you so much!

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

love all the pics that renee put on her blog! we are sooooo proud of you!!! love you lots!!