Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 06, 2008

26.2 - FINISHED




My official time was 4.53 (something like that).
My goal was to finish under 5 hours. In Nashville, I finished in 2002 in 5 hours and 8 minutes. And Chicago's time really doesn't count - we just wanted to finish. So I did it!! I was so excited and if I had not had my brother to push me those last couple of miles I wouldn't have done it.. I just wouldn't have. I of course was cussing him the whole way!! I would not have all of these photos if it weren't for Renee and her camera. You all know how I am with my camera and it killed me not to have it with me but she totally made up for it!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Everytime I look at these photos, I totally relive the experience. It is for such a great cause. I do have some blisters but my blisters will heal and I'll be ready to run another one very soon!! I have to say that the people who put this marathon on should be so proud of themselves. It was a tough course but the support was amazing. I felt it really brought the community together and I know that the other runners could feel it too!! THANKS EVERYBODY FOR THE SUPPORT!!

3 comments:

Lisa Trotter said...

YEA JENNY!! So VERY proud of you!!! Hope y'all had fun celebrating at Hal & Mal's that night!! You SO deserve it! Amazing!

Renee Guest said...

i'm crying all over again!! I'm so proud of you!!!!! you are so awesome!!! love you!!

Heather Avery said...

Wow Jenny!! Congratulations! What an acomplishment! You are so insiring and you should be so proud, not just for the race, but the sweet and caring heart you have. Awesome job!!!