Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Magnolia Meltdown











Saturday was the St. Dominic Magnolia Meltdown 5K and one-mile fun run. It was so much fun - well not when I was running up that big hill!! Ouch. Anyway, the run benefited "Just Have a Ball." The idea came from a 10-year old and a 6 year-old.. Bill and Denise Furr's kids - Wilson and Hartwell. Anyway, they thought it would be good to give balls to all the kids in Ms to fight obesity. Isn't that a great idea? There are a couple of photos of them up above. So Bekah ran the one-mile fun run and she finished. She got a ball as her medal! Isn't that great?? Carrie Ainsworth also ran the 5K - GREAT JOB CARRIE!! Also I took a photo with Bill up above. He is the one on the right with me - over 70 years old and running more marathons than the average marathoner and finishing way before me!! We are headed to San Diego this weekend for another TNT marathon. He is my running partner but I doubt I'll be able to keep up with him!

1 comment:

Renee Guest said...

oh my gosh.. Tal grew up with John Rings in Canton. you look so cute... even with an exhausted look on your face... you still look so gorgeous running up that hill!