Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nate's cast!






Poor sweet Nate. Nate is such a good baby that when he is fussy or crying we know something is definitely wrong. So for the past couple of days, he was really fussy and crying and NOTHING would comfort him - not even his momma holding him. I just didn't know what was wrong. I really thought it was another ear infection. So we went to the doctor yesterday and he really couldn't find anything wrong with him - he said he probably has a little viral infection. So we went home and then I noticed he was not moving his left arm and everytime I touched his arm, he would cry even harder. So I ran him back to the doctor and he thought it was probably Nurse Maid's elbow (elbow out of place). He sent me to a pediatric orthopedist and he took an xray. No bones were broken but he said that this probably happened a couple of days ago and it has swollen so there would be no way for him to pop it back into place - the best thing to do was to let him wear a cast for about a week. Needless to say I was a wreck. I had to get reinforcement from Courtney, Renee and my mom that I was not a HORRIBLE mom. Then I remembered the same thing happened to Bekah when she was at her old daycare - she was probably a little over a year old. We immediately took her to the doctor and he was able to pop it back into place. What is up with my kids' joints? We don't know when this happened to Nate - but we think it must have happened over the weekend - I have no clue. Anyway, Nate is feeling MUCH better and Bekah is being a very caring Big Sister. He was smiling and laughing when I was holding him last night. The only problem is that he is not walking yet so this cast is getting in his way of crawling and you know how fast he can crawl! He is now upset b/c he can't seem to get anywhere. But I would much rather him be crying b/c he is frustrated rather than b/c he is in PAIN! He is back at school today and getting ALL the attention! If you see him within the week, make sure you sign that cast and give him lots and lots of hugs and kisses! And for my concerned family member - this is not the result of Auburn losing to MSU. Haha!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I ask you this: Is it a coincidence that Auburn lost and Nate's arm ended up in a cast? We all know Trey's laid back demeanor is just an act.

Signed,
Concerned family member





(That would be sarcasm for those of you who have not had your coffee this morning).

Woodruff family said...

Trey B., you are just not right!

The Milan Family said...

Trey B. cracks me up!

Nate is so handsome, even with a cast!I can't even talk about it!

You are a FANTASTIC mother Jenny. Several people have told me about the same thing happening to their kids before! Even my Mother in Law! 2 of her kids!!!

Love you Dawg!

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

Girl! That is breaking my heart. He is SO cute. I love him so much! I wish I had my voice so that I could talk to you. I'll call as soon as it comes back. You are doing a GREAT job!!!!!! He is such an angel!

Renee Guest said...

tears in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh. I can't stand it.

( Mary Bratton is sitting here asking 100 questions about Nate's 'broken arm' so I can hardly type. )

Jenny - he looks so cute. I swear he is the sweetest baby I've ever seen. Nate needs to teach Beau some manners! you leave room for me to sign that cast.

Becca said...

JENNY WOODRUFF!!! Nate has never looked so cute. I am glad he isn't in any pain. I wish I could see this in person...

The Owen Family said...

poor baby! How does he sleep at night with that thing on? He is too cute, with his little cast on.

Lisa Trotter said...

Jenny!! I'm so sorry about Nate!! I've been out of the computer world for a while b/c of a computer virus. But, when I read this, I totally understood how you felt. May May broke her arm this year and you feel like the worst mom!! But these are tough babies and it's just a good excuse to give them a little extra TLC!!! Sweet boy! Lisa

Renee Guest said...

LOVE THE NEW BANNER!!!!!! SO CUTE