Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm IT!!

I have been tagged by Lisa to answer the following questions.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
September 1997 ... Actually I had just graduated Baylor University that May and had moved back to Jackson that July. I had taken a job at the Northside Sun as a reporter in August of that year. All I did was drink, drink, drink and go out, out, out. I was partying and drinking all of the time and I was absolutely miserable. I needed help. I had to make a change. Renee - I know u remember. It was just a month later when I got sober. I haven't had a drink in almost 10 years - Nov. 9 will be my 10-year sobriety birthday. Wow. I can't believe it's been that long. Thank-you God for giving me a second chance!

2. What were you doing 5 years ago?
September 2002 ...I was trying to convince Trey that we needed to have a baby. We had just moved in to our new home on South Park Drive. We also had just lost our dear friend, Bo Reed, to the terrible disease of alcoholism. I'll never forget his death - it was one of the saddest experiences of our lives. But it was his death that prompted Trey to want a baby. Bekah was born the next July. Had she been a boy, we would have named him Reed. We miss Bo terribly!

3. What were you doing 1 year ago?
September 2006 ... I was adjusting to having our second child and I was recovering from my second C-section. We were trying to adjust Nate's formula because he had such bad reflux and I was trying to get some sleep!! I also remember it was around this time last year when I started this blog! What did we do before the blog??

4. What did you do yesterday?
I got up at 5 a.m. and ran almost 4 miles, went to the gym and lifted weights, took the kids to daycare, went to work, went to a Public Relations Association meeting at Steam Room Grill, worked some more, came home, had dinner, watched some TV and went to bed.. pretty exciting, uh?

5. Snacks I enjoy
ANYTHING CHOCOLATE!! Cafe Au Lait with 2 splendas and skim milk from Seattle Drip and Ice cream! When I'm being healthy, I like yogos, 100 calorie packs, baked lays, strawberries, grapes, cheese and yogurt.

6. Things I would do with $100 million dollars
Well, Trey would make me invest.. but not before I would quit my job and open my own photography studio. We would travel, definitely pay off all of our debt, we would give to our favorite charities (yes, we would), and we would buy a NEW HOUSE!!

7. Locations I would run to
DEFINITELY the beach.. also Disneyworld, and skiing in the mountains!!

8. Bad habits I have
WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH TV, surfing the net constantly and updating the blog, and PROCRASTINATION!! Also, worrying about the little things too much.

9. Things I like to do
I love being with my family, watching the kids discover new things, going out to eat, hanging out with my friends, watching TV and movies, going to the beach with the Milans, grilling out, running, participating in cool events like marathons, triathlons, just setting a goal and conquering it!!

10. Biggest joy of the moment
Watching Bekah turn into a little girl. I can't believe my baby is 4 years old.. so sassy and funny as ever. Watching Nate learn new things every day and melt my heart every time he smiles! AND training for the Chicago marathon and raising more than $5,700 for an AWESOME cause .. just one more week!!

Ok so it is my turn to tag, Story and Laura (and Courtney - if u had a blog), YOU ARE IT!!!
Renee was already tagged by Lisa!! So come on Renee - get busy!

6 comments:

The Milan Family said...

Jenny I could just cry. That is beautiful. I am so glad to know you and be your BFF. You are so special. I hope you know that.

I tag RENEE GUEST!!!!!

Woodruff family said...

Thanks Courtney! Yes I would have tagged Renee too but Lisa tagged both of us!! But Renee you should definitely do it!!

Lisa Trotter said...

Love that you participated!! I know we get these kind of e-mails all the time and I hardly reply. But, this one seemed shorter and so neat with the 10 years ago-5 years ago-1 year ago thing. Thanks for playing along!! I'm so glad to know you too!

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

I'm confused. Do I do it on my blog or in an email??

Renee Guest said...

Ok - i did it.
Yes - I remember the OLD JENNY. She was very interesting!! :) and sayiing that... I am so proud of you for the past 10 years. You have come a long way and have become so strong and such a beautiful person. I have ALWAYS been so proud of you for changing your life around!!!

stephanie said...

Jenny, I am crying as I type this! I am so proud of you. :o) I have never met anyone like you. I am so proud of where you have come in your life. 10 years can seem so short and so long ago all at the same time. You are an amazing woman! I am so glad you saw the need, and followed God's call to become sober. ;o) You ready for Chicago?!!? Love you!