Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

An Uninvited Guest







Trey had left the door open to bring in some groceries earlier while I was feeding Nate. About 30 minutes went by and Bekah and me were sitting on the couch while Nate was playing on the floor. Trey heard something in the dining room. A minute later, I see something run by with a long bushy tail. I said, "Uh, what was that?" Trey said, "A squirrel." I immediately scoop Nate off the floor and Bekah is in my arms and we are both standing on the couch screaming. Then, the squirrel runs by us and Bekah is now in tears. We were all three screaming and crying. Finally, Trey gets the squirrel to run out the front door. Bekah did not leave my side the rest of the night. Meanwhile Happy and Lulu were in the backyard witnessing the whole thing with their noses pressed up against the window. It was one of the funniest things I have ever experienced. Now Bekah can not stop talking about the squirrel. As soon as we got to school today, she told Ms. Trena (Nate's teacher) she had a funny story to tell her and when we got to her classroom, she told her whole class the story about the squirrel! I had told Courtney about it on the way to work today and when I checked my email, I had these photos from Courtney waiting for me in my inbox!

2 comments:

Renee Guest said...

oh my gosh - that is hysterical. Please give me a minute and let me run through that in my mind again. Best story everr!!!!!!!!!!

Renee Guest said...

Was your squirrel that fancy - in a bow tie and all?