Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 03, 2007

TEAM IN TRAINING

Hey guys!
Well I'm doing it again. I am going to run another marathon. But this time it is going to be a part of something big!
I will be running the Chicago marathon on October 7, 2007 as part of the Leukema and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. I am so excited to unite my passion for running to support a great cause.
Through the Team in Training program, I will have a coach, a training regimen, nutritional advice, a great group of runners with a common goal and lots of support (My brother is actually one of the coaches!).
Beside the challenge of training for and running 26.2 miles, I am committed to raising $5,000 to support the Society in its battle against blood cancers.
Leukemia is the number one disease killer of children, but it strikes ten times as many adults.
I am writing to ask you to support me in my project by contributing as generously as you can to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Soceity on my behalf. Your contribution will find the research being done to find a cure for blood cancers. While significant progress has been made, there is more work to be done in the fight against these disease.
During my short time working at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, I have heard many stories of children and adults who have won and lost their fight with these blood cancers. I want to run in honor of those patients.
Please consider giving a donation.
To make a donation, go to http://www.active.com/donate/tntms/tntmsJWoodru

No comments: