Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a great day at COVENANT!



















Sunday was certainly a WONDERFUL DAY of celebration at our church, Christ Covenant!
We have been struggling for the past couple of years - our church voted to leave the PC USA church to become a part of the EPC church - it was certainly hard to do that - b/c we lost a lot of members. Many who disagreed, many who were sick of the controversy, the uncertaintly - I really can't say I blame them. But Trey and I believed we needed to stay at Covenant. We fell in love with that church almost 10 years ago - before we were married. We joined the church and got married in the church, Bekah and Nate were baptised there - we have so many friends that go there - we didn't want to leave. Yesterday we were overwhelmed with joy - our new preacher - Steve Burton - gave his first sermon and boy, did he not disappoint! We couldn't be happier. He and his wife, Cindy, are the sweetest! We are already joking around b/c everytime I see them - I attack them with hugs and a loud"WE ARE SO EXCITED." I just really can't stop smiling. One of the greatest things about him - he loves loves loves the children and we seriously couldn't be happier about that. Our interim preacher had taken away our children's sermon (bitter -yes.) And when Steve gave all of the kids a high-five during the children's sermon yesterday - I'm not kidding - I seriously almost cried. Also - he quoted Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nites - not kidding! I am looking so forward to Steve and his time at Covenant. We welcome them with open arms! And yes, we had a reception after church yesterday and our worship committee surprised them with a little blue grass music! The kids had a ball! Let me tell you that Steve is the one with the beard in the very first photo - his wife Cindy is in the group photo in the black (on the end in the second photo) They have 3 kids - their daughter is the one in the middle of that same photo! YAY!! Oh and Lisa, you would have been so happy! I can't wait for you to come and visit! We miss you!

1 comment:

Lisa Trotter said...

OK, so I have tears in my eyes TOO!!! I'm so happy for Covenant - and for ALL of you guys. We all waited so patiently for something special to happen and I'm so glad that time is NOW!!! VERY bitter sweet for me. A part of my heart remains there - and I LOVE seeing all the pictures!! THANK YOU! And I cannot WAIT to come visit to hear Steve preach. What a blessing!! All my love to my Covenant friends.....