Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Barbara's retirement!






Let me just say that last week was SOOOOO busy! My boss, Barbara Austin, is retiring after 40 years as director of the Public Affairs division here at the Medical Center. She is a pretty much a walking history book of UMC. So last week there were loads of events in her honor. One event was at the Fairview Inn (bed and breakfast). Dr. Jones, vice chancellor, hosted the event and it was just for our office. We had a blast. As we drove up to the Fairview, we saw this man and his wife getting his bags out of his car. Trey said, "Do you know who that is?" I said, "No." He goes, "You're kidding, right?" I said, "No, I have no clue." He said, "It's Archie Manning, (choice words that I refuse to repeat.)" He does look familiar! HAHA.. i'm so clueless - at least I can admit it!! The Mannings were in town for an event on Saturday night to raise money for the Children's Hospital. I took photos at the event and I even got a photo of Eli and Archie and I knew who they were! Can you believe it? I'll post those later!

No comments: